The Best Stuffed Cabbage Leaves. The magic about stuffed cabbage rolls is that the meat and the rice cook in the cabbage itself. You can find a wide variety of cabbage rolls across Europe, Asia, and Africa. This recipe is based on gołąbki, a Polish dish in which parboiled cabbage leaves encase a minced meat filling of either pork.
QUESTION: When making stuffed cabbage, how do you get the inner leaves soft? — Dorothy Casey, Detroit. ANSWER: When I think of stuffed cabbage But before we discuss the best ways to get the leaves pliable so they are easy to work with, we must first prep the cabbage. Yes, stuffed cabbage leaves take a bit of effort to pull together, but if you're a fan of this dish, you know it's worth it. You can cook The Best Stuffed Cabbage Leaves using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Best Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
- It’s 1 kg of cabbage, leaves separated.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need of For the stuffing:.
- It’s 300 g of coarsely ground beef.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of white rice.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Sauce:.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried mint.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Our recipe brings together brown rice and ground turkey for a healthier Meanwhile, combine turkey, onion, rice, egg, parsley, garlic, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in large bowl; mix well. Tender cabbage leaves stuffed with rice, seasoned ground meats and a rich tomato sauce make this the perfect summer comfort food. The best stuffed cabbage, cabbage rolls, freezer meals, mom's famous cabbage rolls, #stuffedcabbage #cabbagerolls #comfortfood. Serve stuffed cabbage with hot tomato sauce and sour cream for the ultimate comforting winter Cabbage leaves are sour, fermented leaves, the sour creme is not sour creme- it is fresh creme.
The Best Stuffed Cabbage Leaves instructions
- Boil 1 liter of water in a pan then add the cabbage leaves and the cumin. Cook for 3 min until leaves become tender. Remove them slowly, one at a time and place on a plate for cooling..
- Remove the stems of the boiled leaves and cut the leaves into squares..
- To prepare the stuffing: mix together the ground beef, rice, 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, cinnamon, pepper and salt. Combine well..
- Place 2 teaspoons of the stuffing in the middle of each square cabbage leaf in a straight line. Roll the leaf over the stuffing while making sure to tuck in the ends so that the stuffing does not spill out..
- In a deep saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Layer the stuffed cabbage leaves inside the pan, making sure that they are arranged tightly one next to the other. Cover with water..
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together and pour them over the cabbage rolls..
- Place a plate, face inwards, on top of the contents to weigh them down while cooking..
- Cover the saucepan and cook the cabbage leaves over low heat for around 35 min or until the rice and meat are cooked. Turn off the heat and remove the plate..
- Serve the cabbage rolls in a serving dish displayed in layers..
This was the best stuffed cabbage I have ever eaten. I was so happy to fined this recipe again. Vegetarian Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe – Healthier German Stuffed Cabbage RollsMasala Herb. The stuffed cabbage leaves gently bake in a simple tomato sauce. This easy stuffed cabbage recipe can be made ahead of time and baked just before serving.