Ouzé – Rice and lamb. To marinate the lamb, brush the lamb with ghee, rub with salt and black pepper inside and out. Dust liberally with cinnamon and the diced, salted garlic. Drain and cook in a saucepan of boiling water until partially cooked.
Add cooled onion mixture and mix until combined. How to Make Egyptian Lamb and Rice: This recipe is perfect for anyone who likes an ethnic and fragrant dish. All the ingredients are natural and healthy and should be available at any supermarket (however I get my lamb at a middle eastern market). You can have Ouzé – Rice and lamb using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ouzé – Rice and lamb
- Prepare 1 kg of lamb, cut into large pieces.
- Prepare 600 g of ground beef.
- It’s 3 cups of Italian rice.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 5 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pinch of black pepper.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 100 g of butter.
- It’s 2 of beef broth cubes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of For garnishing:.
- You need 150 g of raw pine nuts, fried.
- Prepare 150 g of almonds, fried.
- You need 150 g of cashew nuts, fried.
The steps may sound complicated, but … This traditional Georgian soup recipe for Kharcho is typically made with lamb, rice and a sour plum fruit roll known as tklapi. IAMS Adult Lamb & Rice Recipe contains omegas and lamb and rice ingredients to help your dog have a healthy skin and coat… because a Lamb, Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Ground Whole Grain Barley, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Chicken Fat. Roasted Lamb Chops and Creamy RisottoTablespoon. Measure the rice and soak it in warm water to which you will add a teaspoon of salt.
Ouzé – Rice and lamb instructions
- In a cooking pot, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a cooking pot. Fry in the meat cubes for 5 min..
- Add 4 cups water and the peeled onion, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and some salt and pepper..
- Close the cooking pot and leave on medium heat until the meat is well cooked..
- Turn off the heat, remove the meat pieces and keep them warm until serving. Strain the meat broth and reserve the broth..
- In a deep pan, fry the minced meat in the rest of the vegetable oil and keep on cooking until meat starts changing colors..
- Add the rice, some cinnamon, black pepper and salt. Toss and fry for 2 min, then add 3 cups of water and the meat broth. Cover and let it simmer for 25 min or until rice is well cooked..
- To prepare the sauce, melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add the flour gradually, while stirring. Then add in the beef broth cubes, cinnamon, black pepper and some salt to taste..
- Add 2 cups of water and keep the sauce over low heat until it boils and thickens..
- For serving, put the rice in a big serving dish, top with the lamb pieces cut in slices and garnish with the fried pine nuts, almonds and cashew nuts..
- Pour the sauce in a deep bowl and serve it beside the lamb and rice..
This fragrant Lebanese Lamb Rice dish gets served over a bed of tangy plain yogurt: a combination of flavors that will no doubt please your palate. I can't tell for sure whether this Lebanese Lamb Rice could be considered to be true, authentic Lebanese cuisine. My guess is, it's probably not even close. Wikipedia says "A Pilaf is a dish in which rice is cooked in a seasoned broth." That's exactly what this dish is. Lamb mince and spinach cooked with rice seasoned with Middle.