Beef shawarma. Beef Shawarma Wrap is a popular street food especially in the Middle East. Its made with flank steak What is shawarma? It's a street-food classic that's basically grilled beef or chicken heavily.
Homemade beef Shawarma can be just as delicious as the crispy and juicy street food you know and love in the middle east. It is a Middle-Eastern spiced beef served with fresh veggies and tahini sauce. Shawarma is like the ultimate on the go meal with thinly-sliced meat wrapped in a pita bread with veggies and tahini sauce added. You can cook Beef shawarma using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef shawarma
- Prepare 1 kg of thinly sliced boneless/ debone beef.
- You need of (marinade and refrigerate for 4-24hrs).
- You need 6 of Shawarma breads (either pita bread/flour tortilla wraps).
- You need 1 of small sized Cabbage(cut into thin strips).
- You need 3 of medium sized Carrots(grated or cut into thin strips.
- It’s 1 of large Cucumber(cut into thin strips&circles.
- Prepare 2 of big Tomatoes&1 medium sized Onions(cut into thin strips).
- It’s of Ketchup and Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable /olive oil(for stir frying).
Shawarma is a Middle Eastern dish of garlicky meat or poultry served on pitas. Yo can use any type of meat: beef, chicken or lamb. Learn how to make Middle Eastern beef shawarma the authentic way. Perfectly spiced lean beef strips rolled up with shawarma garlic sauce, onions and lettuce for the best homemade shawarma wrap ever.
Beef shawarma instructions
- In a pan, heat up a tablespoonful of oil. Add the marinated beef & stir fry until juicy and brown. Scoop unto a plate and set aside..
- Wash and strain the thin strip vegetables and set aside..
- Mix some mayonnaise and ketchup together(”mayo-ketch” spread)..
- If you are using a large pita bread) place the bread on a clean flat surface and cut into two equal sizes..
- But if using a very flat bread or tortilla wraps, simply, spread the ”mayo-ketch” on it and then fill it with the sliced vegetables and meat on one end and Sprinkle some chili pepper(optional);.
- Then fold the bread, tuck in the edge, and roll to form a shawarma wrap…yummyyyy!.
- Tip: if you want to warm it up a bit, place on a heated pan for 3 minutes(the closed edge facing the pan or use toothpicks). If you have a microwave or sandwich maker, feel free to use those too..
Lebanese Beef Shawarma with Tarator Sauce. This Beef Shawarma comes from Lebanon and it has everything you need. Tender meat, veggies, and a splendid Tarator sauce! Easy grilled Beef Shawarma is perfect to use in pita sandwiches, hummus bowls or on its own. Add the meat and cook just until redness is gone and the beef turns a dark brown color.