Beef Shawarma. Beef Shawarma Wrap is a popular street food especially in the Middle East. Its made with flank steak What is shawarma? It's a street-food classic that's basically grilled beef or chicken heavily.
Shawarma is a Middle Eastern dish of garlicky meat or poultry served on pitas. Yo can use any type of meat: beef, chicken or lamb. Homemade beef Shawarma can be just as delicious as the crispy and juicy street food you know and love in the middle east. You can have Beef Shawarma using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Shawarma
- It’s 1 kg of beef, cut into thin fajita-like strips.
- Prepare 2 of onions, cut in slices.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, cut in slices.
- It’s of for the marinade.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes, cut in slices.
- Prepare 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of 7 spices.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need of For the tahini sauce:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tahini, sesame paste.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of For garnishing:.
- You need 1 cup of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sumac.
It is a Middle-Eastern spiced beef served with fresh veggies and tahini sauce. Shawarma is like the ultimate on the go meal with thinly-sliced meat wrapped in a pita bread with veggies and tahini sauce added. Learn how to make Middle Eastern beef shawarma the authentic way. Perfectly spiced lean beef strips rolled up with shawarma garlic sauce, onions and lettuce for the best homemade shawarma wrap ever.
Beef Shawarma instructions
- In a bowl, place the meat strips and all the marinade ingredients together. Mix well and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hr..
- Transfer the beef and its marinade to a baking tray, mix in the onion slices and layer with the tomato slices on top..
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and place it in the oven on medium heat for 1 hr or until the meat is well done..
- To prepare the tahini sauce: with a spoon, mix the tahini with water until you get a smooth texture. Add the crushed garlic, lemon juice and salt. Mix again until you get a fluid sauce. Adjust lemon and salt to taste..
- Beef shawarma is best served with chopped fresh parsley sprinkled with sumac, along with tarator sauce and pita bread..
- Note: You can replace ¼ cup of the apple cider vinegar with ½ cup of red wine..
- You can find the recipe ‘tahini sauce’ in this application..
Lebanese Beef Shawarma with Tarator Sauce. This Beef Shawarma comes from Lebanon and it has everything you need. Add the meat and cook just until redness is gone and the beef turns a dark brown color. Easy grilled Beef Shawarma is perfect to use in pita sandwiches, hummus bowls or on its own. Flank steak is marinated in a shawarma seasoning mix and grilled to perfection.