Baked Kafta with Potatoes. This baked kafta and potatoes is definitely one of those. It is called "Kafta bi Seniyah," which literally translates into "Kafta in the pan." Kafta is a Lebanese version of a kabob, it is made with spiced ground meat mixed with chopped onion and parsley. It is very simple to make and tastes wonderful grilled in.
Place the potatoes over the kafta patties, and top these with the tomato slices; pour the tomato juice over the dish, sprinkle the spices and pomegranate molasses or lemon juice. Red Mole with Potatoes and Nopales (Papasmole). The Celebrity Photographer Who Put Down His Camera To Bake For His Community. You can cook Baked Kafta with Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Kafta with Potatoes
- It’s 1 kg of beef kafta.
- Prepare 5 of potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices.
- It’s 1 of large onion, peeled and cut into slices.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of tomato paste, dissolved into 1 1/2 cup water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pomegranate syrup.
- Prepare of pepper to taste.
- It’s of salt to taste.
Drink. · These Spicy Potatoes are ultra crispy, nice & spicy and BURSTING with flavour. Perfect finger food or even as an easy side dish! This video will show you exactly how to make the best steak dinner at home. The trick is to reverse-sear the meat, baking it in the oven first, before quickly searing.
Baked Kafta with Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to medium heat.
- Using your hands, divide the Kafta into balls, each the size of an egg, and then flatten each ball into a circle to obtain kafta patties.
- In a baking pan, arrange the Kafta patties one next to the other..
- Place the potato slices as a layer on top of the Kafta, then place the tomato slices as a layer on top of the potatoes. Finally place the onion slices as a layer on top of the tomatoes.
- In a small mixing bowl, pour the dissolved tomato paste, salt, pepper and pomegranate syrup, mix well and then pour evenly over the baking pan..
- Cover the baking pan with an aluminium foil and place in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Remove aluminium foil and leave for an additional 5 minutes in the oven before taking it out..
- Additional tip: Served with white rice on the side..
Scrub the potatoes thoroughly under running water and pat them dry. You don't have to remove the eyes, but trim away any blemishes with a paring knife. Remove from skillet and place in a baking or casserole dish. Combine remaining ingredients and add to meat patties. Mix the tomatoe paste with the meat stock and pour it until it covers all the ingredients.