Lebanese Vegetables and Meat Soup. Add potatoes, zucchini, onions, salt and water, then bring to boil to make shawraba – Lebanese meat and vegetable soup. Stir in coriander, zhug and hulbah. The Best Lebanese Soup Recipes on Yummly
Stock: use a combination of vegetable stock, the chick pea liquid and the artichoke heart brine. In a large soup pot, saute the onion in the olive oil for It is important not to overcook or boil the soup. The potatoes, tomatoes and artichokes should be heated just enough to blend the flavors or they might. You can cook Lebanese Vegetables and Meat Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lebanese Vegetables and Meat Soup
- It’s 500 g of round beef, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 500 g of green beans, washed with ends.
- Prepare 500 g of zucchini, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes, peeled and cut into cubes.
- It’s 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
This recipe makes a big batch. It is perfect for dinner, and you can freeze the rest for lunches or dinner for a busy night. Besides all the health benefits of the lentils, this soup is packed full of vegetables. The carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, and kale add lots of nutrients.
Lebanese Vegetables and Meat Soup step by step
- In a pressure cooker, fry the onion with the vegetable oil until golden and soft..
- Add the meat cubes, cinnamon sticks, salt, pepper and cover with 2 liters of water. Close pressure cooker. Cook for 35 min at highest pressure (achieved when steam starts escaping). Remove from heat and let pressure drop before opening the cooker cover (achieved when all steam escapes)..
- Add the green beans, zucchini, carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes. Close pressure cooker. Cook for 10 more minutes at high heat. Remove from heat and let pressure drop before opening cooker cover again..
- Finally, add the dissolved tomato paste and the fresh parsley. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and let it simmer for an additional 5 min on low heat..
- Serve hot..
This Lebanese soup is the perfect comfort food for cold fall and winter days but it's light enough for anytime of the year. The Lebanese garlic dip was traditionally made using a pestle and mortar. Our mothers, bless their hearts, would first add the freshly peeled garlic cloves and salt to the pestle and hammer it away until it's completely crushed. This is a unique and tasty version of a traditional Lebanese lentil soup. Serve with some warm pita bread for a thoroughly filling and nutritious meal!