Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style. You saved Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers to your Favorites. Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Pour the tomatoes over the peppers and sprinkle with the feta cheese.
But my favorite way to cook them right now are these Greek style stuffed. A tasty Greek twist on the classic stuffed peppers. This vibrant version at Tesco Real Food includes all the delicious flavours of the Mediterranean. You can cook Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style
- It’s 8 of Bell Peppers, any color.
- It’s 1 lb of Ground Pork.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- You need 1 cup of White rice, cooked.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 large of Yellow Onions, chopped.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Dry White wine or Chicken stock.
- It’s 1 can of Tomato paste 8oz.
- Prepare 2 packages of Feta cheese 4oz..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Parsley, fresh chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of Greek Oregano, fresh chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of Thyme, fresh chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Kalamata Olives, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of Mozzarella, shredded.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
Ensure your peppers can stand upright, slicing slivers from the bottom, if needed (but don't discard). Stuffed bell peppers are a favourite in our family. It's a fabulous dish common in many cultures and cuisines. Naturally a favourite classic I grew up on and still enjoy is Greek-style roasted red peppers and I'm pretty partial to my moms stuffed peppers.
Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F | Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil | Cut tops off the Bell peppers, clean and remove seeds | Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes than drain..
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat | Cook onions until translucent season with Salt & Pepper | Add garlic cook for another 2 mins | Place onions and garlic in a medium bowl off to the side to cool..
- Place pork/beef in skillet with the cinnamon stick | Season with Salt & Pepper and Cook until evenly brown | Drain grease then mix in wine and tomato paste | Turn down heat to Low and continue cooking for another 20 – 30 mins covered..
- Transfer pork/beef into a large bowl and mix in the onions/garlic and the remaining ingredients | Stuff peppers with the mixture add Mozzarella on top and arrange in a baking dish | Cover with aluminum foil..
- Bake for 1 hour | Remove foil and continue baking 10 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned..
- Bon Appétit :).
I was recently confronted with an abundance of multi-colored bell peppers. Unlike zucchini, another prolific crop, which is. Cooking Channel serves up this Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers recipe from Ellie Krieger plus many other recipes at CookingChannelTV.com. Pour the tomatoes over the peppers and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Pour the tomatoes over the peppers and sprinkle with the feta cheese.