Meat Sambousek. So many recipes for Sambousek so I posted the dough recipe I liked and worked best for me after trying several and some favorite traditional fillings. Who doesn't love the mezze style of meals, the congeniality of sharing food, the Rissoles à la viande ou Sambousek. Sambousek also called samboosak in some Middle Eastern regions, is a fried stuffed pastry.
We would love to hear your feedback and comments regarding this recipe. Sambousek also pronounced Samboosak, or Sambousak is a small meat pie, served as mezze (appetizer) or snack. It is usually filled with ground beef or lamb. You can have Meat Sambousek using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat Sambousek
- It’s of For the dough:.
- It’s 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried yeast, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- It’s 3/4 cup of warm milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of For the filling:.
- Prepare 500 g of ground beef.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, grated.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of raw pine nuts.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 4 cups of Vegetable oil for frying.
Sambousek is pretty popular in Egypt. Traditionally, Sambousek is usually shaped like a half moon, however, I've seen them shaped as triangles as well and other shapes. For the Filling. – Cook the minced beef in a pan over medium heat until brown breaking down any chunks of meat with a wooden spoon and drain off any excess fat. Crunchy on the outside and savory aromatic meat filling on the inside.
Meat Sambousek step by step
- To prepare the dough: mix all the ingredients together, except the water. Gradually pour in the warm water while kneading the ingredients until the dough becomes firm. If needed, add more water. Leave to rest until the filling is ready..
- To prepare the filling: heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Add the ground beef, onions and pine nuts and season with salt and black pepper. Stir from time to time until the meat changes in color then remove from heat. Add the chopped parsley to the meat mixture, and the filling is ready..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough using a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 8 cm diameter circles using a circular pastry cutter..
- Top each circle with 2 teaspoons of filling, fold in half to cover the stuffing and press edges together to seal. Crimp the edges with your fingers by making tight overlapping folds to give the sambousek its traditional shape..
- In a saucepan, heat the 4 cups vegetable oil and deep fry the sambousek in batches until golden from both sides..
- Remove and drain on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- Serve hot or at room temperature..
Delicious Sambousek Meat, ready to cook and serve. ANKO is Taiwan high quality Sambousek machine manufacturer and Sambousek production turnkey provider. Lebanese meat pies, ливанские мясные пирожки, ground beef recipe, Arabic recipe, арабские рецепты. Crunchy sambousek pastry recipe& Sambousek with cheese recipe. Closeup of sambousek appetizer in outdoor restaurant.